Repeat prescriptions can be obtained by:
- Returning your itemised computer slip. Please bring or post this slip to reception. If you do not have a computer slip, the receptionist will be pleased to help you.
- Register for online prescription requests and order via the link at the top of this page.
- Using the new telephone request service - ring 0300 123 1893, listen to the message and choose the prescription request option
- Post your request with a stamped addressed envelope and we will post it back to you
- We also work with local pharmacies who offer a collect and delivery prescription service for patients. Please contact reception for more information on this service
Prescription requests are processed each day, all of which have to be checked and signed by the Doctors. It is necessary therefore to allow 2 working days before collecting prescriptions.
If you have any queries with your medication, please either ring the surgery or complete the online consultation form giving full details of query.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the Electronic Prescription Service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly, saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here
Find a Pharmacy
- To Find your nearest pharmacy: please click on the link below:
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.65
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £111.60
- 3-month PPC: £31.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.